As a writer and public speaker with a curious mind, I’m always searching for new words to express my ideas about success, excellence, performance, customer service, motivation and the pursuit of purpose and happiness. “über” is a word I see often.
In German, über is used as a prefix as well as a word in its own right. Both uses indicate a state or action involving increased elevation or quantity in the physical sense, or superiority, elevation, pedominant elite or excess in the abstract.
The crossover of the term “über” from German into English goes back to the work of German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche. In 1883, Nietzsche coined the term “Übermensch” to describe the higher state to which he felt men might aspire. The term was brought into English by George Bernard Shaw in the title to his 1903 play “Man and Superman”. Below I offer 21 proven ways to be a “superman” or “superwoman” to surpass those who have an average existence. Elevating your thinking and habits will help you to “uber-size” your income, achievements, faith and well-being.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.” ~Aristotle
A habit is a choice that we deliberately make at some point, and then stop thinking about, but continue thinking, feeling or doing unconsciously (auto pilot). A habit is a formula (i.e. loop of actions, thoughts and feelings) our brain automatically follows. Your mind likes to conserve energy, so habits become short cuts. Your mind is on auto-pilot and doesn’t have to think. Habits can be ignored, changed, or replaced. Habits are powerful. Sadness and depression can become a habit. Procrastination, anger and doubt can become habits. Perseverance and optimism can become habits. Gratitude, compassion and great customer service can become habits. Dishonesty or integrity are habits. Praying or complaining are habits. Drinking water or alcohol are habits. Your brain can’t tell the difference between bad and good habits. This explains why it’s so hard to create exercise habits. To surpoass your past results, what habits do you need to change, replace and create?
21 Habits to Uber-size your efforts to aspire higher to achieve more momentum, progress and success.
1. Get sufficient rest. Lack of sleep causes more mistakes, irritability and poor health.
2. Think and ink your priority tasks and goals. Keep them in sight. Review them often.
3. Create accountability relationships to keep you on track.
4. Feed your brain. Create the healthy habits of drinking water (less soda). Eat healthy foods (less fatty, fast, fried and frozen foods).
5. Start your day with gratitude/prayer/meditation.
6. Don’t compromise your core values.
7. Engage in “brain fitness” exercises to strengthen your focus, concentration and
problem solving skills. Eliminate drugs and alcohol which creates a fuzzy brain.
8. Arrest the thief called procrastination which steals your time, opportunities, health, peace of mind.
9. Grow out of your comfort zone. Listen to the CD “Get Your But Out of the Way.”
10. Exercise with calorie burning body movement at least 4 times a week.
11. Eliminate blind spots by remaining open to feedback. Read and listen to life enrichment books and CDs. Build up your personal success library.
12. Keep your personal and working environment clutter-free.
13. Strengthen your confidence and self-worth to defend yourself against the critics,
haters and challenging relationships.
14. Visualize your outcome. See in your mind yourself experiencing success.
15. Read, study, and observe your positive role models. Spend more time with people who add inspiration to your life.
16. Be resilient when challenges and hardships occur. Read Shift Happens
17. Attract the kind of people you want to meet. Attract the connections, opportunities
and resources you need by dressing, walking and talking the part.
18. Work on reducing debt. Develop your financial intelligence.
19. Create harmony and peace in your marriage, relationships and with business
associates. Read the Five languages of Love by Gary Chapman also How to Win
Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie and “Love Smart with Your Heart“.
20. Feed your faith and starve your fears. Read your Bible and other spiritual resources to win the battles of defeat, disappointment, despair, doubt, dysfunction and despair.
21. Pursue your purpose. Find your true north. You were born for greatness.
Send me this full CD Message “Get Your But Out of the Way” $9.99 click here
Leave a Reply