1) You don’t feel worthy. You feel you deserve bad treatment as your punishment for your past poor judgement, mistakes, or secrets sins…so you tolerate pain, unhappiness and bad behavior.
2) You never saw a “good relationship model” before to show you that you don’t have to live in pain, limitation or fear. You take on the role of a “fixer”, “victim”, “rescuer” or “doormat” or the “silent sufferer.”
3) You gain some type of emotional benefit by living as a victim.
4) You were programmed and told as a child that you were no good, ugly, unwanted, too much to handle, too bad, etc. So you don’t feel worthy of love or happiness.
5) You were never exposed to the knowledge, experiences, tools, support or relationships that can empower you to break the chains of fear, abuse, procrastination and low self-esteem.
The Self-esteem Dr. Jewel Diamond Taylor, Life Coach, Author, Conference Keynote Speaker