Thinking out loud,..
During my time of stillness, reflection, and missing family and friends…I have NO regrets. I am glad I already spent my life;
1. Showing my love and appreciation to others.
2. I always showed love by hugging my family and friends so I don’t feel regrets if I don’t see them for a while.
3. I didn’t procrastinate about traveling. I have a lot of travel memories to keep me warm.
4. I know how to cook. I’m not missing fast food or risking my health.
5. I always had the habit of reaching out to others.
6. I always prayed and meditated which keeps my anxiety down.
7. I am an ambivert so I am not restless staying home.
8. I learned coping skills so I don’t need a crash course.
9. I have plenty of books in my house to read.
10. I already practiced morning rituals of stretching, nasal cleanse, daily herbal supplements and drinking water without ice.
11. Losing many loved ones taught me to be resilient and appreciate each day, even in a crisis. I know life is fragile. Losing my parents, in-laws, friends and my 38 yr old son JJ taught me about the impermanence of life. My mental toughness, faith in God, and past pain have taught me to accept the uncertainties and the unpredictable suffering in life and to also expect miracles.
12. I’m grateful for the technology and awareness in the past to take many videos and pictures with my phone. Re-visiting them is my self-care and acts of self-soothing. I continue to take advantage of real-time video apps to see my loved ones.
13. Stress can bring out the worst or the best in people. I thank God for discernment, protection, peace, resiliency, emotional wellness, and feet to my faith.
Wash your hands, be safe, pray, be kind, conserve your energy, be hopeful and practice gratitude,
Jewel Diamond Taylor