1. “When your personal storm comes, be so rooted in your faith that you stand like a palm tree…you bend, but you don’t break.” – Jewel Diamond Taylor
2. “Family and friends can be a tonic or toxic. You don’t have to give up on them. Just give them UP to God. Being a fixer and rescuer can be exhausting and unhealthy.” ~ Jewel Diamond Taylor
3. “Dream. Let nothing dim the light that shines in you.” – Maya Angelou
4. When your chest is heavy with stress, anger, fear, anxiety, and grief…stop and take a few deep breaths. Lose the weight of other people’s burdens, expectations, demands, and opinions. Exhale stress…inhale peace. Exhale anxiety…inhale courage. Exhale fear and inhale faith. You got this.
6. “Problems grab us where we are weak. They’re a call to get strong and master that area of our life.” – Tony Robbins
7. “All relationships go through hell. Some GROW through it.” ~ Jewel Diamond Taylor
8. “Real difficulties can be overcome, it is only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.” – Theodore N. Vail
9. “Our fatigue is often caused not by work… but by worry, frustration, and resentment.” – Dale Carnegie
10. “Lighten your stress load. Let go of people, projects, and problems that are not your assignment.” – Jewel Diamond Taylor
11. “Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.” – Leroy Satchel Paige
12. “Your struggle is real and so is God’s grace and mercy. At any moment, any day, you can experience a breakthrough. Shift happens and no one said life is fair or easy. Trust the process. Read 1 Corinthians 2:9″ – Jewel Diamond Taylor
13. This…too…shall pass.
14. ” It`s not the load that breaks you down, it`s the way you carry it.” – Lena Horne
15. Adversity is a fact of life. It can’t be controlled. What we can control is how we react to it. – Unknown
17. “The true test of a person’s character is how they stand during test of adversity. Are you experiencing a crisis, conflict, or unwelcomed change? These are defining moments which reveal your true character and faith. Will you be destroyed, defeated, or determined to be resilient?” ~ Jewel Diamond Taylor
18. God’s promises He will never leave you or forsake you. “And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.” Phil 4:19 Put feet to your faith. You have to get up and walk by faith. Fear leads to paralysis. Action leads to satisfaction. ~ Jewel Diamond Taylor
20. “Quitting can become a habit. Stick don’t quit.” ~ Jewel Diamond Taylor
So I have shared this quick story from many podiums as a guest speaker. I want to share it with you now…
One day a passenger in the back seat of a taxi kept asking his taxi driver questions. His taxi driver kept jumping and looking startled every time his passenger asked him a question.
Finally, the passenger asked his driver, “Why are you so nervous?” The driver replied, “This is my first day as a taxi driver. For many years I drove a hearse car for funerals.. I’m not used to hearing voices in my car. I’m used to carrying around dead people.”
Unfortunately, there are too many people who are used to carrying “dead” things around (e.g. dead dreams, dead hope, dead faith, dead imagination, old hurts, old habits, old beliefs, relationships, etc.). When they are offered a new opportunity, a new experience, a new relationship, a new idea, or a new way of living and thinking…it scares them. They have become accustomed to living a limited and joyless life.
I want to encourage someone today to start living with more gratitude, courage, curiosity, creativity, adventure, and grow out of any state of isolation, misery, and old stinkin’ thinkin’. Wake up, get up, try something new, go someplace new, break your routine, add some color, laughter, nature, and beauty into your day. Avoid people whose hope, joy, love, kindness, and imagination has died. You are STILL ALIVE. Live your life more fully.